Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Diagnosis

Knee MRIJudgment Day...time to finally find out what, if anything, is wrong with this knee.  I've been a good girl and let my knee rest - no running for four weeks now.  (Though I have cheated just a little by trotting from the store to my Jeep a couple of times...there was a slight drizzle, I swear...).  The knee feels much better, so as I sat on the exam table in the clinic, I was hoping for the best.
 

My doc comes in with the MRI results in his hand, but flips them over and lays them down on the counter as he asks me how my knee is feeling.  He runs me through a few push/pulls and "does it hurt when I do this?" drills and I realize I'm holding my breath.  Just tell me already!!!
 
"You're fine.  There's nothing wrong with your knee anymore."
(insert HAPPY DANCE here!)
 
He said a few other things after that as he showed me my MRI, but I wasn't really listening anymore.  What I wanted to know was when could I get back to running...can we consider the last four weeks 'time served'?
 
"The answer is yes...yes and yes.  No restrictions or limitations.  Go run!"
 
Today is not that day

So, before I lace up and put shoe to pavement, I feel the need to make one last point.  Remember my last post?  I was right in my original diagnosis.  Just needed to put that out there...haha!
 
Run Strong!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment